We all love a good runny poached egg but it’s impossible to cook more than one at a time without them falling apart. Out of all the tricks in the book I have never managed to cook multiple poached eggs so that they all come out perfect. I tried all of the old wives tales you can imagine, spin the water, add vinegar, cook them in deep water, cook them in shallow water. I officially gave up and resided to a life of scrambled and fried eggs….until now.
Behold the champion of all poached egg hacks, the clingfilm (saran wrap) technique, huzzah! Below I will take you through this nifty method step by step so that you two can enjoy all the poached eggs you wish for:
- Lay out a piece of saran wrap and rip it off the roll
- Place the wrap over a cup and push the wrap into it slightly, creating a little dip
- Pour a small amount of oil into the dip and spread it around the area covering the cup (this makes sure that your egg is easy to remove from the wrap later)
- Crack a fresh egg into the dip in the wrap
- Pull each of the corners of the wrap up to meet in the middle high above the egg, wist the wrap down to the egg making a seal, it should now look like a pod at the bottom
- Repeat for the number of eggs you are cooking
- Fill your saucepan halfway and get it to a gentle simmer over medium heat
- Slowly drop your bunch of egg pods into the saucepan and time for 3 1/2 minutes
- Pull the eggs out and cut the twisted part of saran wrap off (be careful the eggs and wrap will be hot)
- Slowly peel away the wrap and place your egg on toast, bacon, gammon, biscuits, pancakes whatever you prefer
This entry was posted in Recipes on July 31st, 2017 by sammorley
We are very excited to be continuing our tour of the US with our next stop being in Albany, Oregon for the super fun Mother Earth News Fair. We will be there from the 5th-6th August exhibiting a range of our products including the New Eglu Cube, our Eglu Go UP and the fabulous Outdoor Pet Run. We’re even offering attendees the chance to WIN a $100 voucher, you can also benefit from an exclusive show discount!
With more than 150 workshops, there is no shortage of informative demonstrations and lectures to educate and entertain you over the weekend. Discover more interactive programming than ever before! You will have an opportunity to preserve and make food from scratch, test garden tools, weave fiber, make tinctures, press cider, and more!
For more information head to their website and to buy tickets simply click here.
This entry was posted in Shows on July 28th, 2017 by sammorley
Right now there’s $50 off Eglu Go Hutches, making it the perfect time to upgrade your Rabbit’s house, treat your Guinea Pig to a stylish new home or think about getting a pet Rabbit or Guinea Pig for the whole family to enjoy.
The Eglu Go Hutch is a dream to clean, they’re insulated and super secure, making them perfect for all-year use and Rabbits and Guinea Pigs will love being able to go in and out of the fox-resistant run as they please. No promo required, the discount will automatically be applied in the shopping cart.
This offer will run until midnight on Friday 14th July so hurry!
Click here to view the Eglu Go Hutches & Runs for Rabbits
Click here to view the Eglu Go Hutches & Runs for Guinea Pigs
Terms and conditions apply
The $50 off promotion is only available on Eglu Go Hutches for Rabbits and Guinea Pigs. Omlet reserves the right to withdraw the offer at any point. Offer is only valid from 7/7/17-14/7/17. Offer is subject to availability. Offer cannot be transferred to any other Omlet products.
This entry was posted in Offers and Promotions on July 7th, 2017 by admin
This entry was posted in Dogs on July 3rd, 2017 by admin